Risk Management Plan Considerations
Program registration requires the Program Administrator to describe their Risk Management Plan. We have laid out some guidelines and things to consider when developing a Risk Management Plan specific to the safety of the minors in your program.
Questions to ask when planning for the safety of minors participating in your program and creating a Risk Management Plan:
- What is the layout of the location and space where the program is being held? Is there anything in that space that could pose a danger to a minor?
- How will the program ensure that a minor is not left alone at any time with an adult?
- What are the supervisory ratios?
- If the program is in a public place, what measures will you take to supervise minor participants?
- How will the program handle volunteers or staff who are not Authorized Adults, but participating in the program on a temporary basis?
- How will the minors be dropped off and picked up? Will there be a list of people authorized to pick up the minor? Will there be a check-in/check-out process?
Review the University Policy 1-015: Safety of Minors Participating in University Programs or Programs Held on University Premises.